FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus lounge access at LHR via BA codeshare flight?
Old Oct 12, 2019, 5:26 pm
hexspec

Aer Lingus lounge access at LHR via BA codeshare flight?

I have an upcoming trip as follows:

1. British Airways business class flight from US to LHR (arrives in T5)
2. British Airways flight from LHR to Ireland (leaves from T2), operated by Aer Lingus (economy, which is the only seat type for this flight)

I do not have status with BA or EI (though I do have oneworld Sapphire — which I don’t suspect will be of any use here).

The layover is about 4 hours, so I’m trying to figure out lounge options. From what I can see, there is no BA lounge in LHR T2, but there is an Aer Lingus lounge.

I have been unable to determine if it’s possible to use the Aer Lingus lounge in LHR Terminal 2. The departing flight is BA, but EI operates the flight. Then again, the departing flight is in economy (which is the only ticket type), so it’s not clear whether EI would honor the fact that the arriving ticket (which was BA on a BA-operated flight) was in business class.

I’ve found several questions related to travel the other way around (gaining access to BA lounges with EI flights), but haven’t found any info for the scenario in question here.

Might anyone have any thoughts or guidance? Thanks!