FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Requesting Upgrade at Four Seasons
View Single Post
Old Oct 12, 2019, 9:13 am
DavidO

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club, Dorchester Diamond Club, Travel Leaders
Originally Posted by kthpence
A small caveat, but it looks like there are plenty of rooms in the category directly above ours (ocean view casita) but they all only have double beds. My partner and I are fine with double beds, but our original room is booked into a king. Would that have any impact on potentially getting upgraded / should I let the resort know we're ok with two double beds?
This is something your TA should do for you. In this case, it's the Amex advisor who made your reservation. S/he can put a remark in the Sabre reservation to the effect that "clients willing to accept upgrade to double double room."

Any of the Virtuoso/FSPP TA's on this forum can do a better job for you than an FHR agent. Part of our process is to write a VIP email to the leisure sales manager at the hotel drawing attention to your reservation, ask that they VIP your stay, and communicating your specific requests and preferences. FHR simply isn't set up to provide that level of service.

... btw ... your Virtuoso/FSPP agent can make FHR reservations for you (if you have a Platinum card), if you absolutely 100% need the late 4 p.m. check-out... and done this way, you'll get the post-booking VIP follow through.