FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Removing mileage plus number at gate
View Single Post
Old Oct 10, 2019, 5:46 am
gmt4

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP. Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by narvik
Really?
Some make a HUGE deal about their Birthdays, while others do not, and I reckon crossing 1MM is even more rare than a Birthday.

When I crossed 1MM I wasn't even aware of it, and there was no mention by UA at all.
Fine by me, but I don't begrudge anyone wanting to celebrate it.
Count me in the camp that doesn't understand this either. The actual MM flight for the OP will happen when it happens...as in they'll actually hit the milestone when they tally the miles no matter what leg it is. Making it appear to UA or fooling yourself that its not happening when it really is is sorta dumb. Its like a fellow who found out its going to snow on his December birthday so then he wants to act like its in July because he wants to have cake and ice cream on a hot sunny day instead of snowy one. Yes- you can celebrate when you want but the actual birthday still happened when it did, just like the MM milestone will truly happen when it does. In this case the only way to actually hit this milestone on the desired flight is to fly it as it is, re-shuffle the UA itin to hit on the desire leg after changes, or fly another carrier. Fooling yourself is just that. Not being argumentative and don't care, just my take on this.