FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Question: AC fare goes up 20% and it was not originally a sale price
Old Oct 9, 2019, 1:55 pm
wildace

Programs: Anything and everything
Question AC fare goes up 20% and it was not originally a sale price

This is gonna be a stupid question but let's see if there are creative solutions.

For the last 3 weeks been looking at YYZ-LHR r/t, with the departure on the weekend between Christmas and New Years. Preferrably the Friday evening. The price for the 18:30 and 23:50 departures was $440 in standard fare for the outbound leg. It was not a sale price as it falls in their "blackout period" so it is a "regular price" ticket.

I was waiting until this coming Friday (for serious reasons - i.e. determining if I needed to be on the 18:30 or could I push back to 23:50) to book it as the current "fall sale" ends on Friday and as such I thought there would be a price adjustment for all prices (sale and non-sale) occurring on that day as part of whatever the next sale is. Today I go searching for the flight and all flights on the same day (Dec 27) show up as $670 for the outbound leg in standard fare.

1. When is it likely will another downward price re-adjustment occur?
2. Is there ANY way I can get yesterday's price by whining and complaining (calling into AC)?

Disclaimer - I am a nobody with no status lol, so no Elite XXk privileges.