FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Globalist Concierge Advice
View Single Post
Old Oct 7, 2019, 12:58 pm
ryandc99
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by jasonvr
Let me start by saying that I had a great PL rep before this whole Concierge thing started. She unfortunately has retired and I think I've been passed amongst at least 3 concierges so far. With my current one, I often get messages from someone else stating she is out of the office and the other person is helping (seriously, about 50% of the time). I recently had an issue with the points for the Q3 promo not posting on my second stay. When I emailed I got a response that they would post within 3 weeks of the stay and don't post at the same time as the stay. Knowing that was not true, I emailed back that in all my years of participating in Hyatt promos, that has never been the case. I received no response. A week later when my third stay posted with the promo points attached, I emailed again. This time she said she didn't know why they hadn't posted and she posted them manually and had escalated it. When I looked in my account, what I saw was a doubling of my Globalist 30% bonus instead of the base points.... So I contacted Hyatt via Twitter and they sorted it out and gave me some bonus points for the trouble of having to make multiple contacts to get it resolved....all within 30 minutes, and they apologized that it even took that long.

I recently also had her book 2 rooms on points for two adults at the PH Vendome for my wife and some friends next summer as Guest of Honor. That was actually taken care of easily (which I'd expect since it s a really simple request). My wife recently found out that a 5th person might join and I know the PH rooms can only accommodate 2 adults. My wife was carboned on the original email the concierge, so I asked her to email asking about cash or complimentary upgrades to a room that could support 3 adults (had previously read online about being able to pay ~90 EUR to move to a deluxe which allows 3). Concierge responded back with an option to book a suite on points (48k/night I think) instead of a standard room. No mention of cash options and pretty clear she didn't reach out to the hotel to see what the options were.

Anyone else feeling they're not getting much from their concierge and actually get better treatment from the Twitter team?

Pretty much 0 value for me. I find a lot more value from the twitter team.