Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Globalist Concierge Advice

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2019, 7:03 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Anyone else feel their Globalist concierge is pretty useless?

Let me start by saying that I had a great PL rep before this whole Concierge thing started. She unfortunately has retired and I think I've been passed amongst at least 3 concierges so far. With my current one, I often get messages from someone else stating she is out of the office and the other person is helping (seriously, about 50% of the time). I recently had an issue with the points for the Q3 promo not posting on my second stay. When I emailed I got a response that they would post within 3 weeks of the stay and don't post at the same time as the stay. Knowing that was not true, I emailed back that in all my years of participating in Hyatt promos, that has never been the case. I received no response. A week later when my third stay posted with the promo points attached, I emailed again. This time she said she didn't know why they hadn't posted and she posted them manually and had escalated it. When I looked in my account, what I saw was a doubling of my Globalist 30% bonus instead of the base points.... So I contacted Hyatt via Twitter and they sorted it out and gave me some bonus points for the trouble of having to make multiple contacts to get it resolved....all within 30 minutes, and they apologized that it even took that long.

I recently also had her book 2 rooms on points for two adults at the PH Vendome for my wife and some friends next summer as Guest of Honor. That was actually taken care of easily (which I'd expect since it s a really simple request). My wife recently found out that a 5th person might join and I know the PH rooms can only accommodate 2 adults. My wife was carboned on the original email the concierge, so I asked her to email asking about cash or complimentary upgrades to a room that could support 3 adults (had previously read online about being able to pay ~90 EUR to move to a deluxe which allows 3). Concierge responded back with an option to book a suite on points (48k/night I think) instead of a standard room. No mention of cash options and pretty clear she didn't reach out to the hotel to see what the options were.

Anyone else feeling they're not getting much from their concierge and actually get better treatment from the Twitter team?
Old Oct 7, 2019, 2:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Before the move - by way of comparison I thought the Marriott Ambassador service was pretty useless (unless one has a unicorn Ambassador and/or gets marked for special handling due to directing revenue to Marriott)

My Hyatt Concierge "EQ", OTOH, is simply fantastic - incredibly responsive, usually within an hour if working hours. Can't be more pleased.

Contrast w/my Marriott Ambassador who until leadership apparently might have lit a fire underneath them, took days or never responded at all.
Old Oct 7, 2019, 8:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
No problem with mine, though someone else answers and takes care of my request about half the time.
Old Oct 7, 2019, 9:12 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
I don't use my Concierge for anything. I get good service just by calling the Globalist line.

After I requalified for Globalist this year, my Concierge send me an email introducing herself, I'm sure she forgot that she was/is my assigned Concierge since the program started.
Old Oct 7, 2019, 11:38 am
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
Mine is great, but the whole concept seems outdated, since the concierges get at least two days off per week and customers, let alone "elites," generally expect same-day replies these days. Hyatt should just have a dedicated Globalist team that handles incoming requests, perhaps with case/tracking numbers so that follow-ups get routed to the same rep.
Maui4me1 and Hydro88 like this.
Old Oct 7, 2019, 11:57 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
At least when I phone my concierge, if she doesn't immediately answer, there's an option to be connected to some other concierge on the team. This works reasonably well, although I wish it were possible to know when calling whether she's on another call versus being on a long vacation (or sick leave). I'm willing to wait for my own person, but not for long given the time-sensitive nature of most requests.
Old Oct 7, 2019, 12:35 pm

Programs: AA & DL / SPG & HGP
Originally Posted by joe_miami
Mine is great, but the whole concept seems outdated, since the concierges get at least two days off per week and customers, let alone "elites," generally expect same-day replies these days. Hyatt should just have a dedicated Globalist team that handles incoming requests, perhaps with case/tracking numbers so that follow-ups get routed to the same rep.
Isn't that essentially what we have now, where calling the Concierge line one can just choose to speak to the next available agent as opposed to leaving a message for one's assigned agent?
Old Oct 7, 2019, 12:54 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by canyonleo
Isn't that essentially what we have now, where calling the Concierge line one can just choose to speak to the next available agent as opposed to leaving a message for one's assigned agent?
I don't know. I'm almost always out of the country when contacting mine, so 100% of my inquiries have been by email.

As much as I like the concept of personal concierges, when people are saying they get better and faster service via Twitter, it seems something is out of whack.
Old Oct 7, 2019, 12:58 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by jasonvr
Let me start by saying that I had a great PL rep before this whole Concierge thing started. She unfortunately has retired and I think I've been passed amongst at least 3 concierges so far. With my current one, I often get messages from someone else stating she is out of the office and the other person is helping (seriously, about 50% of the time). I recently had an issue with the points for the Q3 promo not posting on my second stay. When I emailed I got a response that they would post within 3 weeks of the stay and don't post at the same time as the stay. Knowing that was not true, I emailed back that in all my years of participating in Hyatt promos, that has never been the case. I received no response. A week later when my third stay posted with the promo points attached, I emailed again. This time she said she didn't know why they hadn't posted and she posted them manually and had escalated it. When I looked in my account, what I saw was a doubling of my Globalist 30% bonus instead of the base points.... So I contacted Hyatt via Twitter and they sorted it out and gave me some bonus points for the trouble of having to make multiple contacts to get it resolved....all within 30 minutes, and they apologized that it even took that long.

I recently also had her book 2 rooms on points for two adults at the PH Vendome for my wife and some friends next summer as Guest of Honor. That was actually taken care of easily (which I'd expect since it s a really simple request). My wife recently found out that a 5th person might join and I know the PH rooms can only accommodate 2 adults. My wife was carboned on the original email the concierge, so I asked her to email asking about cash or complimentary upgrades to a room that could support 3 adults (had previously read online about being able to pay ~90 EUR to move to a deluxe which allows 3). Concierge responded back with an option to book a suite on points (48k/night I think) instead of a standard room. No mention of cash options and pretty clear she didn't reach out to the hotel to see what the options were.

Anyone else feeling they're not getting much from their concierge and actually get better treatment from the Twitter team?

Pretty much 0 value for me. I find a lot more value from the twitter team.
Old Oct 7, 2019, 6:46 pm

Programs: United Lifetime 1K, Global Service, Marriott LTTE, Hyatt GLobalist, AA MM,Hertz PC, Global Entry
Mine is Quita and she has been very responsive.
way to go Quita. 👍
Old Jan 12, 2020, 9:18 am

Programs: Oman Air Gold, Qatar Airways Platinum, Marriott Ambassador, HH Diamond, GHA Black, Hyatt Globalist
Hyatt Concierge

I could not find a thread on this, I was made globalist in December 2019 and I have yet to have an assigned Hyatt Concierge, I have emailed world of Hyatt a few times without reply, does anyone know anything I can do or contact to make some sort of connect with Hyatt?
Old Jan 12, 2020, 10:49 am
Suspended

Programs: United GS+
Originally Posted by AbuCordoba
I could not find a thread on this, I was made globalist in December 2019 and I have yet to have an assigned Hyatt Concierge, I have emailed world of Hyatt a few times without reply, does anyone know anything I can do or contact to make some sort of connect with Hyatt?
Are you a ‘true’ 60 night Globalist? Globalist through challenges, 55 night, etc. do not get a concierge.
Old Jan 12, 2020, 12:03 pm

Programs: LH, WoH, Bonvoy, ALL, SH-L
The Concierge "perk" is utterly worthless anyway.
Old Jan 12, 2020, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Hydro88
The Concierge "perk" is utterly worthless anyway.
hardest of disagrees

having a single point of contact in life for different situations is invaluable
steve64, jtc246 and markko like this.
Old Jan 12, 2020, 12:33 pm

Programs: LH, WoH, Bonvoy, ALL, SH-L
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
hardest of disagrees

having a single point of contact in life for different situations is invaluable
What situations can the hotline / hotel not resolve?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.