FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Points Guy: We never accept free flights [merged TPG discussions]
Old Oct 5, 2019, 7:27 am
Adam1222

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by The Deal Mommy
Since my name got mentioned in this forum, I thought a few notes might add some context. Disclosure: I'm a freelancer, not a TPG staff member.

1. Here's what I had to say on TPG about teens and credit: https://thepointsguy.com/guide/how-t...-about-credit/
2. I have never had a post edited in a way that made me uncomfortable, or that I wouldn't have published on my own site. Some of my rougher edges have been polished, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.
3. Flyertalk insiders are not TPG's target audience, IMHO.
4. If something infuriates you every time you read it, why on earth are you still reading it? (Note to self: I haven't been here in a while, now I remember why. Stay off of this forum in future.)
5. If you have any questions or comments, please speak to me directly at Chicago Seminars or via DM @thedealmommy on Twitter. Please use your real name if you do so, as I do on social media and on my articles. Sunshine is the best disinfectant.

Take care, Dia
Dia, you don't get to dictate the terms as to which people respond to the content you write and publish.
There is an irony in quoting Brandeis' line in a thread about the site that you "freelance" for that is entirely opaque and misleads consumers daily. You may have learned that line somewhere but it certainly doesn't stand for the principle that one must use their real name to critique a commercial publication and it's content.

(In addition, do you get paid for the Chicago Seminars? Because that's the sunshine that Brandeis was talking about)

Hope you and all the other mommy freelancers of TPG have a great weekend.