FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Points Guy: We never accept free flights [merged TPG discussions]
Old Oct 5, 2019, 7:13 am
The Deal Mommy
Used to be diaworld

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Dontcareist,
Originally Posted by Adam1222
You know what I was thinking today? This blog needs another mommy writer.... Apparently the Way to teach children about miles and points is signing them up for credit cards! Dia and Summer are shook.
Since my name got mentioned in this forum, I thought a few notes might add some context. Disclosure: I'm a freelancer, not a TPG staff member.

1. Here's what I had to say on TPG about teens and credit: https://thepointsguy.com/guide/how-t...-about-credit/
2. I have never had a post edited in a way that made me uncomfortable, or that I wouldn't have published on my own site. Some of my rougher edges have been polished, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.
3. Flyertalk insiders are not TPG's target audience, IMHO.
4. If something infuriates you every time you read it, why on earth are you still reading it? (Note to self: I haven't been here in a while, now I remember why. Stay off of this forum in future.)
5. If you have any questions or comments, please speak to me directly at Chicago Seminars or via DM @thedealmommy on Twitter. Please use your real name if you do so, as I do on social media and on my articles. Sunshine is the best disinfectant.

Take care, Dia