FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Park Hyatt Kyoto REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
View Single Post
Old Oct 4, 2019, 12:34 pm
OsakaWino

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by Pickles
Why thank you, if I say so myself. The Kasui-en at the Westin Miyako was designed by Murano Togo and is listed as an "Important Cultural Property" by Kyoto City. It's got gorgeous bones, and after the renovation is finished in Q2 2020 it should be a really nice place to stay and give all of these newfangled Japanesque arrivistes (Suiran, FS, PHK) a good run for their money.

And about your comment about the Ginza, it may attract the visitors, but the upscale ones don't really stay there. The last high-end luxury in the Ginza itself, the Seiyo Ginza, closed years ago.
Japanesque arrivistes! I like that! Still, are you not interested in trying out the PH Kyoto? Especially at 30,000 pts? (Which to me translates into 60,000 yen, the top end of my budget, so I'll never get to personally compare it vs. the RC and FS). A couple of nights and you wouldn't even have to venture about among the hoi polloi on ninenzaka. (I'm afraid my Giza comment was a poorly aimed sideways shot at those advocating the Centric Ginza over any other Tokyo Hyatt; mea culpa).