FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flying international business on AA for the first time - what to expect
Old Oct 4, 2019, 10:07 am
JJeffrey
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by powerful pete
Salutations all. I am a regular DL/KLM/AF frequent flyer and for work scheduling reasons will be taking my first ever AA business class flight - PHL to DUB at the end of October. It's an Iberia ticket (long story) but obviously AA metal. Airbus 330-200.

Can someone comment on things like lounge access in PHL and the level of service in business class? I fly Delta D1 very regularly and KLM as well, a bit less on AF and very occasionally on Iberia (one of my workplaces is Lima). Haven't been on an AA flight in close to 20 years.

What should I expect? Hard product, food, service? Youtube and reviews seem to suggest a decent hard product, not the same reliability as DL and KLM and a hit or miss service experience...

Thanks all!
Not 3 posts down on the front page there's a nice review of business on a recent PHL-PRG flight, also a 332, pretty much exactly what to expect. Service can be hit or miss.

AA 52 PHL-PRG / Prague experience

Unfortunately the lounge situation at PHL sucks now, with the A-West Admirals Club closed for renovations. This was one of the largest clubs, closest to where the TATL flights will depart from. You can still use any of the other Admirals Clubs, but obviously reports say they are very busy to mobbed in the afternoons.