FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA Marketed LY Codeshares to TLV from LHR, CDG, ZRH, BCN
Old Oct 1, 2019, 12:41 pm
JDiver
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by jasondc
I bought a ticket dca-clt-cdg-tlv this summer. Roubdtrip. Bought it on AA.com. My bags checked through all the way to TLV. It was the same ticket number all the way through- started with the 001. If AA is selling you the ticket, the ticket number will be the same, and they’re not going to sell a ticket that excludes baggage check in.
It is likely several ticket numbers on one PNR. I’ve never seen a round trip on the same ticket number, only separate if adjacent numbers. Multiple segments, yes. On different airlines usually different ticket numbers. And AA will indeed sell you a ticket that excludes through checking of baggage. They will generally check baggage through if it’s a codeshare with an airline they have an interline agreement with, another oneworld airline, etc. if they’re on the same PNR, but when it comes to other airlines they tend to follow their hardline policy. You were ticketed by AA on AA and LY, possibly on the AA codeshare - they’re supposed to through check baggage in that circumstance.

Originally Posted by Jay Lepselter
Hi, has anyone who booked on AA and flown on LY metal to and/or from TLV been able to use any AA Platinum benefits, such as Business Class check in or free seat assignment? TIA
Welcome to FlyerTalk. You won’t be able to use those on LY operated flights, as they’re not a oneworld member. You of course would be able to use those on AA connecting to LY.

Last edited by JDiver; Oct 1, 2019 at 12:49 pm