FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Q Suite Master Thread
View Single Post
Old Sep 29, 2019, 5:06 pm
anabolism

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by chanieish
I have booked business class seats on QR675 on April 26, 2020. The seat map on the booking page shows the old configuration, though QR675 does offer Qsuites.

Am I just unlucky and on a flight that doesn't offer it? Or is it too early to tell as I have been looking at the past flights and 1/2 were Qsuites and the ones planned for March 2020 on are all old configuration (at least on expert flyer)
If you read a few pages of posts here, you'll see that QR is notorious for equipment swaps, from Qsuite to non-Qsuite and vice versa (and often back and forth any number of times). You can check ExpertFlyer to see the currently-loaded seat map, which is accurate as to what QR currently has configured, but may change any number of times before the flight departs. If you are an EF subscriber, you can create an Equipment Change alert which will notify you if the seat map changes.

Originally Posted by pineapple_09
Both seats are independently operated so you can have both flat or one flat, one upright or whatever combo you want.
True when both seats are used independently. For true double-bed mode, QR offers a thin strip that covers the dividers between the seats, making them into a continuous surface.

Originally Posted by the_outcast
I have booked a flight from PHL - DOH in July 2020, on an Airbus A350-900.

I booked this as I will be travelling with my wife and two 3-year old twins. I had thought it would be the Q-suites with the quad pod set-up but when I looked at the seat map, it's just the usual 1-2-1 formation. I had read that Philadelphia was switching to Q-suites by September 2019.

Is the layout correct? What are the chances of it being the Q-suite? I don't want to have to spend 12 hours on a plane with 3-year olds across the aisle from us...
See my comment above (or earlier posts in the thread). But as others have said, if you are in a reverse-herringbone layout, using two center pairs should be fine.

Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
people are more likely to post undesirable substitutions than "I was flying LAX-DOH. Scheduled for QSuites and it was QSuites." Same phenomenon explains why there are always more complaint posts than praise posts, regardless of the airline, hotel chain or whatever.
It may be different with Qsuite, since people do post "I was scheduled for non-Qsuite and to my surprise and delight it changed to Qsuite!" In my experience, QR has far more equipment swaps than any other airline I fly, and I fly a lot of different carriers.