FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Being hassled for "oversized" carry-on luggage
Old Sep 28, 2019, 5:49 pm
iahphx
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Katamarino
You clearly care enough to come here and write a long moan about it, despite how special and non-typical you believe yourself to be.
You assume I'm moaning. I'm not. As I titled the thread, this is a PSA. I know I need to know how strictly specific airlines enforce their carry-on bag rules. It matters A LOT if you're a frequent traveler, especially when you use low fare airlines. I can't tell you how many threads I've read over the years to determine whether I had to worry about, say, a 7 kg carry-on bag allowance.

Personally, I was surprised at how this agent strictly enforced (to perhaps a quarter inch on a protruding wheel) their baggage policy. I hadn't seen this happen at Frontier before. It didn't matter to us -- the old bag we were using only had value as a Frontier carry-on, and had zero value if it was going to be a source of friction while flying Frontier. Putting the contents into a plastic laundry bag was simply a minor inconvenience. I do think this incident will "matter" to others when they select their "personal item" for Frontier. As I said before, I'd go for a backpack.