FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Being hassled for "oversized" carry-on luggage
Old Sep 28, 2019, 10:02 am
BrlDsguise

Programs: AA, US, WN, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by Barcky
I had an old rollaboard that was just fractions of an inch too long when the wheels were included. In some models of planes it was impossible to close the overhead bin door unless the bag was stowed with the long direction oriented fore-aft rather than wheels in or out. That wasted a lot of space which inconvenienced other passengers with carry-on bags. When I replaced the bag I brought a tape measure with me to make sure the new bag (including wheels) was within the specified limits since many US and European airlines had begun to strictly enforce carry-on size limits. While shopping I found that the measurements listed on the manufacturer's packaging in most cases did NOT include wheel or spinner projections even though they claimed full compliance with airlines standards.
The OP is talking about a personal item so it wasn't going to go into the overhead bin. If Frontier made $60 and lost a customer it wasn't a great business decision.