FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi {MDV}
Old Sep 27, 2019, 3:43 pm
Kimomo

Originally Posted by achen24
I was wondering if I might be better off waiting to get to the resort to determine my upgrade on the slight (and I'll acknowledge its very slight) possibility that they provide me with a free upgrade that I've read other people received. I doubt that the resort will have any capacity issue during my stay so I'm assuming there will be a decent chance a reef villa or worst case scenario overwater villa will be available when I arrive.
Wait will be better, but when I post here, their manager might be watching user feedback and chose not to free upgrade you. ha ha
Also it all depends on your status, my experience in conrad Bora bora that they want couple hundreds to guarantee a water villa upgrade. We ignore it and got 4 level upgrade to 1 of the only 2 beach pool villa. I even ask manager if we can get a over water villa, he told me if we really want a downgrade.
We will try the WA Maldives next Mar, hope to have more economic transportation and generous upgrade.