FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Contract of Carriage for Dummies (EC 261 / 2004 & where it applies)
Old Sep 26, 2019, 11:48 pm
JDiver
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by mhrb
Who writes these articles? Is it that hard to do some rudimentary fact checking first?

Come on... This is basic EU261 beginner level. That's completely incorrect.
This is The Suggestion Box forum.

Examples of subjects that are encouraged: suggestions regarding board structure, information that is given on the home page, forum descriptions, suggestions for new forums or the closure or merger of existing forums.

This forum is a place to bring an idea or a solution to the attention of FlyerTalk’s Community Director. I will read every post but won’t respond to each. I like to see if there is energy behind an idea. Are there others who also think it’s a good idea? Will discussion occur that results in an even better suggestion? I’m a great believer in group sourcing resulting in stronger action.
There’s no publication cited or referral link here, so we don’t even know the information source is being commented on. There’s no clear indication of another forum where this topic would fit better. As this post doesn’t pertain to a specific airline or country, and as the Suggestion Box concerns suggestions pertaining to the administration of FlyerTalk, we will close this thread now.

Several of the airline fora have active threads regarding EC261/2004. The most comprehensive one seems to be The 2019 BA compensation thread: Your guide to Regulation EC261/2004, particularly the first post. For information about EC 261 / 2004, please start there.

Thank you,

JDiver, Co-Moderator

Last edited by JDiver; Sep 27, 2019 at 8:53 am