FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Urgently Need Printable Maps of Shanghai and Taipei
Old Sep 25, 2019, 8:12 pm
joer1212

Originally Posted by CrazyInteg
You should be fine, but just keep in mind that GPS doesn't work so well when you're underground.
I know, but I'll only avail myself of the GPS when I'm navigating the streets.

Originally Posted by WFBtheV
While the output voltage of the power bank is 5V (per USB spec, nothing to do with the actual energy capacity of the battery), the battery cells inside are Li-Ion cells (although the description says LiPo, but that would seem scary), which should have a nominal voltage of 3.7V. So it's under 100Wh.

The question would be how it's actually labeled and how smart the security guys are. I have a similar size power bank I've taken through Chinese airport security many times, but the Wh capacity is labeled, not just mAh.
Thanks for that info and very good points. Hopefully, security will be too lazy to press the issue and will just let my battery pass. The only question is whether such restrictions exist in other countries, including the United States. I will have to look into that.

Last edited by Ocn Vw 1K; Sep 26, 2019 at 7:58 am Reason: Combine consecutive posts of same member on same issue.