FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Business Platinum WeWork benefit to 12.31.2020.
Old Sep 25, 2019, 3:56 pm
synzero

Programs: American Express Platinum, Chase Sapphire Reserve
Originally Posted by fotoflyer88
Any data points on parking etc? Do any include free parking or validations etc?
At the LA WeWork locations I went to there was no validated parking (Manhattan Beach and Long Beach). San Francisco and both Oakland locations also had no parking. I just visited the Palo Alto location and it appeared to have a free parking lot next to it.

I've determined that the hours you can actually use the location vary quite a bit. Officially it's 9am-6pm which is when the front desk is staffed and you have to check in with the desk every time you use the benefit. But, as far as I can tell, your key card is active at midnight at many locations, which gives you access to the WeWork space and *sometimes* to the building (it varies). For example, downtown Oakland you can't get to the third floor before 9am with your key card -- but you CAN get to the second floor before that, which doesn't have a front desk but the key card will let you in to the common areas on the second floor, so if I needed to work a little before 9am I can start by going there, then go up to the third floor and check in and use the main hot desk space. Similarly, in other buildings sometimes the key card lets you in to the whole building before 9am.

I've also stayed past 6pm and had no issues, they have no idea who is there with a Global Access pass and who is there with a regular hot desk membership. If I left and tried to come back in I might not be able to get back in after 6pm at some locations, but you don't have to wrap up your work at 6pm on the dot.

Amex reservations do sometimes fill up so it is prudent to reserve in advance if you really want a space, but most locations have same-day reservations available. I have even visited more than 1 location on the same day, and there's nothing in the terms that says you can't. It DOES say in the terms that if you are a no show too many times they may cancel, so it's prudent to cancel the previous day if you're not going to use a reservation. You can cancel up until midnight the prior day.