FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New MSY terminal delays & traffic issues
View Single Post
Old Sep 24, 2019, 2:52 am
Blumie
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Originally Posted by travelmad478
The restaurants look pretty fabulous, but unfortunately that’s not what I go to an airport for. My preferred M.O. is to get to the airport 50 minutes before my flight, flash my mobile BP, roll my carry-on through PreCheck, walk to my gate and board five minutes later. With the lack of a decent road to get to the airport, once the new terminal opens I’m not going to be able to do this consistently until...2023?
I'm with you completely. While I appreciate a shiny new airport, I don't go to an airport to shop or dine, but rather simply to get or off an airplane. Moreover, while I'm not an expert on how these things work, I'm pretty sure that the restaurants are all operated by Delaware North or HMS and not by the restaurants whose names appear on the signs. Those restaurants certainly will be involved in designing the menus and the recipes, but don't expect them to be duplicates of their New Orleans bretheren (except for places like Shake Shack which are specifically deigned for mass duplication).