FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Piedmont dba American Eagle ground stop 23 Sep 2019
Old Sep 23, 2019, 4:43 pm
enpremiere

Programs: CK or bust
From http://www.wboc.com/story/41088052/c...flight-delays:

SALISBURY, Md. - The Piedmont Airlines control center in Salisbury was out of service on Monday as a result of a fiber cut that impacted the city. All Piedmont-operated flights were grounded, including those in and out of the Salisbury-Wicomico Regional Airport.

Piedmont is a regional airline for American Airlines and its headquarters are in Salisbury. Travelers on Monday afternoon grew frustrated as they waited to board their flights.

Troy Butler was trying to catch a connecting flight to Philadelphia. "I got here, parked, went inside, found out that I can't leave until like 6," he says. "I was like okay I'll go outside and just take in the sunshine."

Charlee Brown is originally from Salisbury. She was traveling with her family back to Mississippi when they arrived at the airport with no word on when they would take off. "They just said they were down and everything was basically up in the air right now. We could have made more visits to people I didn't get to see while I was down there."

American's Mainline Operations were not affected. American Airlines tells WBOC "We apologize to our customers for the inconvenience as we work to resolve the issue as quickly as possible."
How they don't have better backbone connectivity diversification in this day and age is quite something!