FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Piedmont dba American Eagle ground stop 23 Sep 2019
Old Sep 23, 2019, 4:00 pm
GNRMatt

Programs: AAdvantage Exec Platinum, Hertz #1 Club Gold Five Star, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by timmy83
My comment was about the IT status relating to posting cancelations - perhaps it's not IT but operations. Why does the time of departure have to pass before they'll even post a delay when it's clear there is no plane present. I'm not disputing the information given about the fiber. I just wanted to rebook and was unable to.
That's operations, not IT. And that's been going on for as long as I can remember with AA. They just suck at keeping passengers (and employees) informed on delays. I've been at small outstations where there are no AA planes there or even incoming and it's already past the departure time for my flight where you see on the big screen (and app and website) the ON TIME status. While airport operations are complex and difficult, AA just completely sucks at it. Other airlines find ways to keep passengers better informed, and they have operations that are just as complex.

At the end of the day, with their oligopoly, they just don't care.