FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Transiting in India on AI , is customs/immigration check done at final destination ?
Old Sep 23, 2019, 8:47 am
Toronto1

Originally Posted by oliver2002
The transit security will allow you to keep your duty free goods. You probably cannot purchase anything in Delhi DF as you don't have an international flight, COK will also have DF on arrival near the baggage claim before customs.
Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn
You should be able to buy in DEL as a transiting international passenger. Confirm with the Duty Free folks before you purchase though.
Thanks oliver2002 and PiperAtGatesofDawn.

I was planning to make my purchases from the Delhi duty free, which I assume is after transit security. Duty free will ask for my boarding pass, I plan to show the boarding pass from YYZ-Delhi, this one , as per Air India website has a "T" printed on it, which means transit passenger. Domestic boarding passes should have "D"

I have sent an email to the customer service at Delhi duty free, waiting for a reply.

Buying after arrival in COK, since I arrived from Delhi, I am not sure if they will accept my YYZ-DEL transit boarding pass.

I usually fly EK J to COK. Thought of trying out AI this time.