FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Urgently Need Printable Maps of Shanghai and Taipei
Old Sep 22, 2019, 12:08 pm
moondog
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Before the internet became easily accessible pretty much everywhere, I swore by the Lonely Planet, especially for longer trips in obscure areas. I'm guessing they still make print editions, so you might consider dropping by a bookstore to see if they are to your liking. Unfortunately, Taiwan is not included in the big China book, so you'd be looking at the smaller city specific books instead. They presumably aren't completely up to date wrt to new metro lines, let alone restaurant directories, but the most important metro lines have been around for a while in both cities, and you can always grab English publications like Time Out to stay on top of current listings.

One more thought from yesteryear: most hotels provide (advertiser supported) print maps if you ask. I used to like these, even if the level of detail wasn't stellar, because circling my hotel and places I wanted to go was an easy and efficient system...certainly preferable to printing out (and later fumbling through) 20 sheets of paper.