FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt House Sterling/Dulles Airport-North
Old Sep 21, 2019, 9:46 am
VA1379

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium (former PP), Hilton Silver, UA Silver, AS Member, Hertz 5*
I have stayed at this property several times over the past 6 years. They stopped having the Wall Street Journal as a newspaper about 9 months ago, and I told them I found that unacceptable. The breakfast offered at this hotel is the standard breakfast at a Hyatt House. Some Hyatt House properties offer more stuff for breakfast. The HH Falls Church/Merrifield in the Mosaic District near Tysons Corner has a better breakfast and close access to the Dunn Loring metro station. The two Hyatt House properties in Bellevue WA and Redmond WA have extra breakfast dishes geared towards travelers from Japan. White rice, miso soup and pickled vegetables were offered in prior stays at both properties.

You pay extra for the better breakfast and higher quality rooms at the HH Falls Church/Merrifield since room rates are usually $40-100 more on weekends and weekdays with the higher amount for weekday stays. You don’t need a car if you are in the Mosaic District since there are plenty of restaurants and a super Target within walking distance.

I have only used the airport shuttle for the HH Dulles North, and it is fine as long as you do not need to be picked up at Dulles anytime after 11 pm. Other hotels have later running shuttles. The Doubletree in Sterling has a 24 hour airport shuttle available by request.

You also need to budget some extra time to get to the airport in the morning since the hotel is a good 6 miles away from the airport.