FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Nice Airport Car Hire
View Single Post
Old Sep 19, 2019, 8:40 am
stut
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
Originally Posted by PHLondoner
Thanks for the insight - it was very helpful.

Of course we landed and it was pouring rain, making the transition to Terminal 2 a bit uncomfortable. We hopped on the light rail line after some confusion and found our way there. Such a bizarrely long walk to the Car Rental Centre. Seems so odd that they don't have some sort of a courtesy shuttle system to run passengers back and forth between terminals and the rental center? Hertz Gold Counter was great though- just walked straight to the car, out in about 3 minutes after loading up.

Do you recall, is there a petrol station near the Car Rental Centre to top up before dropping off?
Yes, it is quite a long walk. Even before the tram, the shuttle bus only took you to T2, you still had to walk the rest. The Cote d'Azur does seem, sometimes, to suffer from the delusion that it is always hot and sunny there - which, of course, it is not. If I were being cynical, I'd suggest that they wouldn't want to cannibalise their lucrative "premium in-terminal drop-off service" in a region welcoming people with a lot of money to burn.

There is a petrol station on the airport site. Hard to describe exactly how to get there, as the hemmed in geography of the airport site means there are so many different ways of accessing it! It's on the T2 access road, just as you go round the outside of the car park (just past the La Poste centre). You have to drive past it to get to the rental centre. It's not the cheapest petrol around, of course, but I've seen far worse markups on motorways.