FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Priority tags are constantly getting ripped off on purpose
Old Sep 19, 2019, 8:33 am
m3red

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by torontoflyer
I thought this was a one off occurrence, but my Priority tags (First) are getting ripped off when I fly J and Y. This has happened on the last 4 out of 5 flights. Haven't flown F in the last couple of months. The last flight really pissed me off as I had to wait over 45 minutes for my bag to be delivered along with the non priority bags. out of 2 bags, one was ripped off. So there is no consistency.
As a Plat, one of the perks is priority handling and delivery of luggage, irrespective of class of travel.

Anyone else experience this, and does anyone have the inside on why this is being done. Seems extremely odd - do they have personnel tearing off tags??? it surely was there at check in.
Actually I’ve had experience with Ek with multiple people on abooking and they take the status of the person in alpha order so I’ve been deprived of plat benefits because the “a” passenger was silver, gold or blue - whilst the tags were left on bags came with the y pax. Also used to get j car on pick up in Dxb whereas when I was travelling solo it was the F car 100% of the time.