FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best dual sim phone?
View Single Post
Old Sep 16, 2019, 3:42 pm
paperwastage

Originally Posted by LAXlocal
Thanks for your reply ,
I would be using this phone most of the time for overseas use , and it needs to have bands 1-3-7 at least and bands 8 and 20 would be nice.

I have an international prepaid AIS sim that works in Asia, Europe and USA so sometimes I would use it in the USA on T-Mobile or AT&T ,

I am still using my Nexus 6 and I like the size for my old eyes .but the Nexus has a few cracks but still works good for work.

Anyway the things that pull me to this phone is all the LTE bands it has , the 6 inch screen and the large 5000 mAh battery ,
It seems that the E5 plus has about the same LTE bands , screen size and 5000mah battery.

Are there any other Motorolas to look at around $200 ?

Thanks again for your thoughts
was looking at a backup phone, saw this brand

Umidigi f1 , usually around $170 (4GB/128GB)
Umidigi s3 pro, usually around $240 (6GB/128GB)

Both contain 5150mAh, 6.3" LCD FullHD, NFC, dual SIM dual standby (though 2nd sim shared with microSD), and very good LTE specs with some VoLTE support, works partly on Verizon too(CDMA voice and lte works, but not volte supposedly)

S3 pro is cermaic and much heavier though, P70 vs P60 and cameras slightly different but both suckish

Mediatek CPU though. Some people complain about bad qc/units and ram management issues on F1, people with working devices seem happy

https://howardforums.com/showthread....ok-pretty-good

On xda, some people run GSI ROMs on there F1/s3 pro with minor issues (volte typically not working. hotspot not working on earlier GSi but may be working on newer GSI builds, known issue with other GSi devices too), so support longevity isn't that big of a problem if you are technical enough

Umidigi X, release date Sep 2019 (4GB/128GB), should be around $200, 6.3" AMOLED but only 720p. has LTE band 66/71 (that the ones above doesn't)

Umidig F2, release date ?Oct 2019 ?specs, likely have 66/71 too

Last edited by paperwastage; Sep 16, 2019 at 7:47 pm