FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Silver with about 24k rollover or Gold for 2020
Old Sep 14, 2019, 7:04 pm
mnbp

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by flamingocrazyfl
Thanks for the thoughts. I should have been more clear, right now I am Platinum, but met the Silver qualification (for the 2020 program year) back in March of this year. As a Plat, I do OK with C+ at booking so long as I do not have a last minute trip (I do get a good number of those every year). I won't make Platinum again due to my reduced travel this year, but could make it again next year. My F upgrades as a Plat are not too good, especially out of my home airports of Tampa and Sarasota. I often fly Monday and Friday, so lots of business travel and I am often in the teens on upgrade lists of 50ish. I had forgotten about SDC, didn't notice Silver did not get that. That is something I've used as a plat quite a bit. Is SP really that much better? The lines still seem pretty long and at most airports, silvers can use the SP check-in lines anyway. Boarding could be a benefit though. It seems in looking at the threads, Silver from 2004 (last time I had it) is not comparable to Silver in 2019.....
To me, the big loss for dropping from PM to GM or FO is C+ at booking. Have you considered a MR or two?