FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Discussion of the United Clubs at ORD
View Single Post
Old Sep 14, 2019, 5:55 pm
AirbusFan2B

I favor B6 and F8 clubs but thought it was time to see what C16 was up to. So stopped by the C16 club on a recent trip around 19:00. For a temporary club, it sure looks nice (untrained eye wouldn’t know) but as we know it’s not full service. There was a hot casserole dish so that’s ‘new’ (used to be zero hot food.)

Also, the bartender now has a small tray of spirits - one kind of vodka, one kind of gin etc. That’s ‘new’ too. Draft beer as well - don’t believe they had that a few months back. Five different infused waters and, from what I could tell, all the same cold foods as other UCs. But no soup. And not a full bar offering. Bar is tiny - seats six.

So in net - better than a few months ago but still lacking vs standard ORD UC offering. As a reminder, LAX, especially, and also ORD, have better offering than remaining US50 UCs (save for LGA? - haven’t had the pleasure there yet since new terminal.)

What’s next? Bartender told me a new UC will be built near C20. Once open, Polaris takes over C16 space. Very logical to me as PL is too small for the long haul traffic here. All ORD LH and NH departures also depart from T1 so front cabin loads add up to a lot incl. UA.

Timing - 2-3 years, I was told. I wouldn’t put too much stock into that but I would be surprised to see anything in 2020... There’s this massive 7-year expansion project of T2 etc so clubs will need to line up with that.

Last edited by AirbusFan2B; Sep 14, 2019 at 6:12 pm