FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chase Marriott Bonvoy Cards, 2019 to present
Old Sep 13, 2019, 1:02 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
....I held the SPG Personal and Business and received bonuses for those. I canceled the Personal before the merger and kept the Business, which was converted to a Marriott Bonvoy Business. From what I can gather, I am not eligible for any Amex Marriott bonus ever
This would be better asked in the American Express forum.

Holding the SPG Business card does disqualify you from earning a bonus for the Marriott Business card. In principle this is a lifetime restriction, but in practice it will end "about" 7 years after you close the Amex Marriott Business card.

Holding the $95 SPG personal card does not disqualify you from earning a bonus for the $450 Amex Bonvoy Brilliant card -but- Marriott also looks at the Chase card history:

Welcome offer not available to applicants who (i) have or have had The Ritz-Carlton™ Credit Card from JPMorgan or the J.P. Morgan Ritz-Carlton Rewards® Credit Card in the last 30 days, (ii) have acquired the Marriott Bonvoy Boundless™ Credit Card from Chase, the Marriott Rewards® Premier Plus Credit Card from Chase, the Marriott Bonvoy™ Premier Credit Card from Chase, the Marriott Rewards® Premier Credit Card from Chase, the Marriott Bonvoy Bold™ Credit Card from Chase, the Marriott Bonvoy™ Premier Plus Business Credit Card from Chase or the Marriott Rewards® Premier Plus Business Credit Card from Chase in the last 90 days, or (iii) received a new Card Member bonus or upgrade offer for the Marriott Bonvoy Boundless™ Credit Card from Chase, Marriott Rewards® Premier Plus Credit Card from Chase, the Marriott Bonvoy™ Premier Credit Card from Chase, the Marriott Rewards® Premier Credit Card from Chase, the Marriott Bonvoy Bold™ Credit Card from Chase, the Marriott Bonvoy™ Premier Plus Business Credit Card from Chase or the Marriott Rewards® Premier Plus Business Credit Card from Chase in the last 24 months.
https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...0/#offer-terms