FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]
Old Sep 12, 2019, 11:25 am
bhrubin
Suspended

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by bhrubin
Depends on the elements you want in another luxury hotel/resort!

You can see the top Cat 8 properties (and even some Cat 7 and Cat 6) in Marriott Bonvoy for inspiration. And you can see the top Cat 7 and now SLH Cat 8 properties in WoH.

For me, the best Bonvoy options include the Gritti Palace Venice, Suiran Kyoto, RC Kyoto, Prince Gallery Tokyo, RC Tokyo, StR SF, SR New York, StR Florence, StR Rome, StR Punta Mita, StR Bahia Beach, Hotel Imperial Vienna, Al Maha Dubai, Prince de Galles Paris, Caresse Turkey, Edition Bodrum, etc. You might also like the StR Bora Bora, though its 10 yrs old and not quite the same level of hard product (but starting to renovate now and comparable still to the newer but also now renovating Four Seasons). Some others like the StR Bal Harbour a lot, too.

For me, the best Hyatt options include Ventana Big Sur, PH Maldives (not as nice as the StR), PH Sydney, PH Vienna, PH Paris, Alila Villas Uluwatu, and maybe the PH Milan, Andaz Tokyo, Andaz Maui, and Andaz Papagayo.
Originally Posted by lagunas2k
I'd agree with most of the above. The hard product at PH Paris isn't the greatest, but service has always been top notch. One of my best stays was as the PH Tokyo as well. Certainly a bit of a muted vibe hard product wise, but service is simply stunning. PH Maldives service was great, and the hard product was about 85% as nice as the StR. Especially in the newer renovated villas. I stayed in a Deluxe Pool Villa and had a fantastic time.
We really do seem to agree.

I think everyone agrees that the StR Maldives is superior to the PH Maldives.