FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How does one “initiate” T5 special mobility assistance services?
Old Sep 11, 2019, 1:14 pm
BHDBOY

Location: Northern Ireland (in spirit), but much more likely GB or Europe.
Programs: EI Aer Club, IB Plus, BA EC, AAdvantage
How does one “initiate” T5 special mobility assistance services?

Hello. Question for the board. On Sunday this week I will be accompanying two elderly relatives to LHR T5 where they will be flying to BHD. They have special assistance incl. wheelchairs prebooked through BA holidays. I will be departing to EDI shortly before their BHD flight leaves, my aim is to stay with them as long as I can before I have to head off to EDI.

My question is, having never travelled with anyone needing special assistance before, how do I “initiate” the booked special assistance on arrival at T5, we will be arriving in a cab from central London. Can I go and fetch someone who will help bring them both into the airport? If so, from where? Or can I call a number when we arrive? They can walk short distances but T5 would be all too much, even from the drop off to the check in desks would be a challenge and they’d need to take a breather. They are stressed enough about the trip as is, and I’d like to make everything to go as smoothly as possible for them.

Many thanks.