FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Connecting via LHR on FlyBE/VS
View Single Post
Old Sep 11, 2019, 10:15 am
tuonopepper

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle.
Originally Posted by DavidUK
I know its early days, but it needs to get a lot slicker. There's a thread on twitter this morning about a Flybe employee walking up and down the boarding line with a credit card machine in his hand.

The whole connecting thing excites me, being a few miles from Edinburgh airport and having to rely on the unreliable BA - cant wait for the full integration.

(I might challenge the lounge access side of things but if you've priority pass, that'll get you into the 2 of them)

David
I've seen Flybe do that at AMS but to be fair their baggage limits are plastered all over the website so people booking a simple Flybe sector have no real excuse, of course connecting to VS is a whole new board game the gate staff are goi g to have to adapt to, preferably quickly, I assume things will be clearer when it's Connect Airways...

I'm close to MAN so the partnership also excites me, but actually more from a SH perspective as I can use FlyBe, KLM, SAS etc and avoid LHR while still getting Into a single reward scheme, from what I can see you need less TPs for gold on VS than BA and the TPs per flight are better than BA even on partner SH.

Lounge access is no big deal I guess, I have Lounge key so can usually get in somewhere, lol. I guess the other aspects will be gasttrac, seat selection etc on FkyBe, SAS etc