FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ORD Connection Advice
View Single Post
Old Sep 11, 2019, 9:57 am
tuonopepper

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle.
Originally Posted by sudge27
Flying into ORD on BA297 which is scheduled to land at 18.45. I am looking at a departing domestic flight (with AA but on a separate booking) scheduled to depart at 22.00. Ordinarily I would be comfortable with a 3 hour stopover time, however given it's the US (and last flight out of ORD to that destination) I would need to clear immigration, collect baggage, change terminals etc, what are peoples thoughts? I am on a returning ESTA which should speed up immigration however i will have 2 items of checked luggage

Finally, when i collect baggage in Terminal 5, can i use the baggage desk just through customs to deposit bags for the domestic AA flight (similar to when you connect in ORD), or because its a different booking do i have to go departures in Terminal 3?

Thanks in advance
I did a 2hr15 connection BA to AA at Ord couple of months back with one checked bag. I had a few minutes spare but not a massive amount, maybe 15 to 20. That said we landed on time and I have Global Entry. I was also on a single ticket so collect bag, clear immigration, dump bag scenario.