FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Need help booking Australia - Asia using AVIOS or ??
Old Sep 10, 2019, 10:19 am
mkannuri

Programs: Aero Plan, Marriott, Air Miles
Originally Posted by nancypants
Can’t help with a lot of this but you can’t transfer avios to qantas miles, they are not interchangeable

i imagine 27th December is high season but i’ll have a look at the qantas redemption finder when I get a second, however it’s unlikely to reflect availability for avios bookings

who are you proposing to fly DPS-MNL with? QF don’t fly that route unless via sydney

eta: there is availability using QFF points PER-SYD-DPS on the 27th but only flex, no saver availability (and i’m looking at this as a plat so probably seeing more than many are). As an aside, unless you have a pressing need to transit Sydney why not just fly PER-DPS direct?
Thanks for looking into nancypants actually i have to stay in SYD for new year. Here are my dates..
PER to SYD leaving either 26th night or 27th. currently TigerAir showing $274 cash fare
SYD to DPS leaving any time on Jan 1st. currently either JetStar or Garuda shwoing around $410 to $510
DPS to MNL leaving any time on Jan 4th currently cebu air showing around $193

I have 95k AVIOS and 100k MR, 110k Aero Plan miles i am trying to use the avios for the high cash fares..thats is eitehr PER-SYD and/or SYD-DPS.

so you have platinum access and showing some options? currently BA site is kept on erroring no matter how many times i search using direct link or awards.flights tool.

I read in the guide that they might release few seats when closer to departure but incase if they dont open..then i will even loose these cash fares..
Not sure how these cash fares of these budget airlines fluctuate though...

Appreciate any other work around to avoid these budget airlines which are already costing around $3k for 3 pax and not sure what other charges for baggage.