FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Ambassador Experiences 2019
Old Sep 9, 2019, 7:38 pm
CMK10
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
InterContinental Los Angeles Downtown

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
1 King Suite. Booked using my AMB Weekend Certificate. Upgraded to a 1 King Executive Suite
How are the rooms?
Very impressive. Large corner suite on the 55th floor with a living room area, king sized bed, separate tub and shower in the large bathroom
How is the exec. lounge?
I didn't go
What was good and what was bad?
Good: Location works well if you want to be downtown. Staff were to a man excellent. Friendly and helpful at all avenues and pleasant to be around. The pool are and its bar are pretty nice as is the lobby bar. The 70th floor lobby is a great place to hang out too.
Bad: Valet parking. You drop off at the lower lobby level but have to go to P1 to pick up your car which means an extra elevator after the two from the room. Each time I'd called about my car and when I got there they couldn't find it. Also my bill was incorrect.
Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?
It's an expensive hotel, even with the free night my one night plus two nights valet and a few drinks cost me $600. However, it was one of the nicest US hotels I've stayed at, I'd like to come back.