FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Queenstown Resort & Spa {NZL}
View Single Post
Old Sep 8, 2019, 8:08 pm
RafKa

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
Originally Posted by RafKa
As a side note, following my stay, I noticed construction taking place in the area adjacent to the DT lobby. The FD agent was absolutely clueless as to what it might be, but my guess is they might be converting the under used meeting space area into a restaurant. This would obviously mean that guests at the DT would no longer be entitled to breakfast at Wakatipu Grill.
Just came back from another combined stay at DT/Hilton. The DT now does have its own dedicated breakfast area, so that's a negative change for Diamonds and those on breakfast included rates, as the Wakatipu Grill breakfast is now off limits. Despite criticism on TA, I found the buffet is nice enough, and the restaurant - while nice and modern - lacks y natural light so has a hospital cafeteria feel.

Parking charges are strictly enforced, with no discounts/exemptions. And late checkout is still an issue: Hilton had very low occupancy (all room types available at low rates on my checkout date) but was still only offered 12:30pm under the pretense they were "full", and eventually given a 1pm checout. Didn't feel like arguing, but it was needlessly sneaky of the FD agent.