Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Queenstown Resort & Spa {NZL}

Hilton Queenstown Resort & Spa {NZL}

Old May 2, 2019, 4:02 pm

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
Originally Posted by shizuko

I booked the basic twin room and got the upgrade to deluxe lakeview room. The upgrade is shown on the online check-in so I could select lakeview side room prior to arrival on the day.
Are you staying at the Hilton or the Doubletree? Sorry, but it's not clear from your post.
Old May 3, 2019, 7:34 am

Programs: UA 1MM/1K, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by RafKa
Are you staying at the Hilton or the Doubletree? Sorry, but it's not clear from your post.
Good question... I had assumed the Hilton but it's not clear.
Old May 29, 2019, 3:10 pm

Stayed here as a Gold, got upgraded to lakeview high floor room. Breakfast is a weird situation, requires a NZD10 upgrade to be able to enjoy the full spread, if not the complimentary continental breakfast only covers the non-hot food sections.
Old May 29, 2019, 3:22 pm

Originally Posted by wacko
Stayed here as a Gold, got upgraded to lakeview high floor room. Breakfast is a weird situation, requires a NZD10 upgrade to be able to enjoy the full spread, if not the complimentary continental breakfast only covers the non-hot food sections.
As a diamond we were not charged the upgrade fee. I assume that is still the policy
Old May 29, 2019, 9:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hertz Gold Plus, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by KRUXED

As a diamond we were not charged the upgrade fee. I assume that is still the policy
Same with us as Diamonds, and it was one of the best breakfast buffets we've seen anywhere, but it was quite crowded as it serves both the Hilton and the adjacent Doubletree.
Old Jun 1, 2019, 5:06 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Diamond gets a full buffet included and 2x drink vouchers when staying at the Hilton or Doubletree.

Gold gets a continental breakfast with upsell to the full buffet.
Old Jun 1, 2019, 6:15 pm

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
Staying here now (both Hilton and DT). Despite very high occupancy, got nice upgrades at both properties, with a special mention to Hilton which upgraded us from Deluxe Lakeview to Deluxe Plus Lakeview, which features an awesome balcony. The usual Diamond benefits are still in place, namely the drink vouchers for Pinot Pit, full breakfast and a nice box of chocolates as a welcome gift.

On the flip side, they didn't waive the NZ$16 parking charges, and I had to beg for a 1pm checkout.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 1:29 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Staying here now (both Hilton and DT). Despite very high occupancy, got nice upgrades at both properties, with a special mention to Hilton which upgraded us from Deluxe Lakeview to Deluxe Plus Lakeview, which features an awesome balcony. The usual Diamond benefits are still in place, namely the drink vouchers for Pinot Pit, full breakfast and a nice box of chocolates as a welcome gift.

On the flip side, they didn't waive the NZ$16 parking charges, and I had to beg for a 1pm checkout.
Any idea if there is still free parking on the "streets" outside the DT, and in the carparks further up the complex? I had somebody mention to me the other day there was no free parking there now which I thought was a little unusual. Previously the only paid parking areas where the underground carpark in the complex.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 3:59 pm

Originally Posted by sbiddle
Any idea if there is still free parking on the "streets" outside the DT, and in the carparks further up the complex?
Yes - for my subsequent nights I was able to find on-street parking just outside the DT building. There aren't many spaces within the complex though (I estimate 20-25) but there's more parking on the main road outside the complex, a fair walk up the hill. I'm not aware of any other public carparks in the area outside of the one under the DT.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 4:02 pm

As a side note, following my stay, I noticed construction taking place in the area adjacent to the DT lobby. The FD agent was absolutely clueless as to what it might be, but my guess is they might be converting the under used meeting space area into a restaurant. This would obviously mean that guests at the DT would no longer be entitled to breakfast at Wakatipu Grill.

Any updates from fellow FTers will be welcome!
Old Jun 13, 2019, 11:37 am

For our 5-night stay this October, I'm deliberating between a Wakatipu suite and a Relaxation room. The former is obviously larger, but the latter has an outdoor jacuzzi. Any thoughts on which way to go?
Old Jun 18, 2019, 4:13 am

Programs: NZ *Gold
Daytime temps will be around 15c, and overnight about 4c - how much time do you think you will spend in the jacuzzi?
Winniesbestfriend likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 7:39 am

Originally Posted by RedVee
Daytime temps will be around 15c, and overnight about 4c - how much time do you think you will spend in the jacuzzi?
Not much, but we're talking about quality vs. quantity...

We don't plan on spending that much time in the room in general, but it would be nice to sit in a hot tub at night, even it if it is cold outside, no? That said, if the room is that much smaller, it might be a consideration.
Old Sep 8, 2019, 8:08 pm

As a side note, following my stay, I noticed construction taking place in the area adjacent to the DT lobby. The FD agent was absolutely clueless as to what it might be, but my guess is they might be converting the under used meeting space area into a restaurant. This would obviously mean that guests at the DT would no longer be entitled to breakfast at Wakatipu Grill.
Just came back from another combined stay at DT/Hilton. The DT now does have its own dedicated breakfast area, so that's a negative change for Diamonds and those on breakfast included rates, as the Wakatipu Grill breakfast is now off limits. Despite criticism on TA, I found the buffet is nice enough, and the restaurant - while nice and modern - lacks y natural light so has a hospital cafeteria feel.

Parking charges are strictly enforced, with no discounts/exemptions. And late checkout is still an issue: Hilton had very low occupancy (all room types available at low rates on my checkout date) but was still only offered 12:30pm under the pretense they were "full", and eventually given a 1pm checout. Didn't feel like arguing, but it was needlessly sneaky of the FD agent.
Old Sep 15, 2019, 11:19 pm

About to book 4 nights with points, and I noticed a line that says "This reservation requires a credit card deposit of NZ$2,304.00 NZD which will be charged to your card."

Does Hilton actually charge this?? I can't (and obviously shouldn't) afford to float that much money for months until my stay. The nonrefundable policy on this hotel alone is crappy but a deposit of several thousand dollars is just garbage

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.