FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What's the most overrated airline in the world?
Old Sep 7, 2019, 7:54 pm
CMK10
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I only have a three flight data pool but I could see an argument for Singapore. The first two flights were regional Business Class flights in Asia:

- SIN-TPE: Ground service at SIN was fine though nothing special. The lounge was very good though really dimly lit. Food was above average as was alcohol. The flight was mixed. I was on a regional A-330-300 which had some of the worst IFE I've seen in the last few years. The seat itself is not very comfortable and I don't want to imagine trying to sleep in it. Food and service were very good though.
- HKG-SIN: SQ Lounge at HKG is pretty bad, it's like being in a dark cave, food was good though. Same seats as the last flight this time on a 777-200 with better IFE at least. Food and service again very good.

One long haul flight:
- FRA-JFK: Bad ground handling (contract staff) at FRA. Lounges were good though not SQ's. Service was awful. The menu is a strange breakfast/lunch hybrid so I had cereal and yogurt then duck. Crew was terrible. They kept disappearing, they didn't fulfill requests or got them wrong (I ordered Port which never came, I asked for sparkling water and got still etc.), the second meal was pretty bad. The seat itself on the A-380 is really uncomfortable for lounging unless you have a bulkhead as you can only get one foot in the footwell.