FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Tokyo 2020 Olympics discussion [consolidated]
Old Sep 7, 2019, 5:54 pm
K7Beach

Hotel booking sites with some finds in mid $300’s (USD) per night plus fee surprises

While rebooking a Delta flight due to the NRT-HND changes that just were released, I noticed the Delta partner with a site (hotels.com I believe) and it showed hotel availability at 97% booked with there were some three start hotels that seemed like legitimate deals for about $350 per night. If that is within your target rate these there seems to be some legit space still available in the Shinjuku and surrounding areas. I then went to Expedia and found the same thing with slightly lower fees. Most of the places were pretty centrally located, by Tokyo standards, and usually within 5-15 mins walk to a train station. These sites will always lop in “service fees” at the end but not too bad considering location and being a standard full service hotel. I also went to a few of the hotels websites and one said that Expedia would be handling their bookings for the 2020 Games, which is how I ended up there. There are not global chains of course, but worth a look if you are not interested in AirBnB’s (although much of the reasonably priced AirBnB seems to have been scooped up).

The dates that that I used in my searches was July 23 to August 1st.

Hopefully that is helpful to someone.