FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Westjet Chinook Lounge YYC
View Single Post
Old Sep 7, 2019, 2:20 am
eracerblue

Originally Posted by wdb1987
Yeah its never been great. But its nice to have the perk of free hot meals when you're a gold member. Kind of devalues it somewhat. Oh well, hopefully when the Westjet lounge proper opens it will have better dinner hours.
Not so sure if operation has temporarily changed hands, or if it’s just WS staff now at the front, new on the scene. In the early days I found it mildly entertaining to see staff trying to notify several pax of their boarding status. I wondered how long it was going to last, and it seems to be gone now... it does go to show they’re just learning the ropes. (Although I would LOVE to have something more useful than I can see on the monitors or flightaware, etc)

More to the topic, I believe as WestJet bringeth more substantive hot “meals”, so doth they take away. It was silly to see it out till close - however I am a firm believer that they should have meals at reasonable times from incoming flight origins. Eg. A 7pm Vancouver dinner is pretty common, so 8pm (7pm Pacific) may be a touch more reasonable cutoff. Unless they improve the food quality and options much, it doesn’t particularly matter to me. I would highly encourage you to give every sort of feedback, email, surveys etc so they can dial it in. I suspect most would call the meals and drinks they have an improvement vs before WS. I expect whatever hours they settle on in Chinook will transfer over to the new lounge.

FWIW, AC DOM MLL’s typically yank the “food” around the same time.