FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - GS Qualifying for 2020 Discussion / Questions
Old Sep 5, 2019, 10:07 am
nomad420

Programs: UA MM Plat, UA 1MM, Hilton Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold, CLEAR, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by limey1K
I'll come in at $46K UAL metal and $59K total for 016 stock this year. DEN based. All domestic tickets (50% of total $) have been D/C/Z and the very occasional P. All International has been Z fare. I've been 1K for 12 years and the last five years has all been domestic D/C/Z/P fares usually reaching $32-35K. It sound like my $46K may not be enough to get me there.
I got it with slightly less than $46K (all UA metal) for this year on the very last day they granted the status (Jan 30) out of SFO. I think I was thrown a bone after years of similar spend rates , long time 1K status, and actually a slight slump in my spend they threw GS at me (JMHO). It back fired a bit on them (UA) as I purchase numerous RT tickets (F) with AS in early Jan for known business travel over the next 6 to 9 months and have been quite happy. So I figure GS will be a one and done thing for me. I may get it next year threw my wife who has had a lot of business travel this year and will have a spend just over $45K, we are both MMers with UA.