FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - GS Qualifying for 2020 Discussion / Questions
Old Sep 5, 2019, 9:29 am
limey1K

Programs: UA GS, UA 2MM, HH LT Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by jjmoore
I never qualified for GS with less than $50K base fare on UA metal. Had one year with partner airlines with similar stats to you, and didn't get invited. If at all possible, see if you can do some additional UA metal as that may push you over, but as you mentioned, your routes may only be serviced by *A metal (LH / Brussels / Swiss / TK / Ethiopian)...........

Just a thought that 1K will have slightly more exclusivity next year with the increased PQD requirement, and since I am in no proximity of getting a GS requal next year... I'm not totally disappointed to go back to 1K.
I'll come in at $46K UAL metal and $59K total for 016 stock this year. DEN based. All domestic tickets (50% of total $) have been D/C/Z and the very occasional P. All International has been Z fare. I've been 1K for 12 years and the last five years has all been domestic D/C/Z/P fares usually reaching $32-35K. It sound like my $46K may not be enough to get me there.