FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - GS Qualifying for 2020 Discussion / Questions
Old Sep 5, 2019, 8:09 am
jjmoore

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
Originally Posted by ironmanjt
This is what continually makes me not qualify I suspect. Last year $52K PQD with about $28K on UA metal due to frequent trips to Africa and Central Asia. This year should end in the low $60K PQD (all Z/D/C/J fares) with closer to $40K on UA...I suspect I still won't get it.
I never qualified for GS with less than $50K base fare on UA metal. Had one year with partner airlines with similar stats to you, and didn't get invited. If at all possible, see if you can do some additional UA metal as that may push you over, but as you mentioned, your routes may only be serviced by *A metal (LH / Brussels / Swiss / TK / Ethiopian)...........

Just a thought that 1K will have slightly more exclusivity next year with the increased PQD requirement, and since I am in no proximity of getting a GS requal next year... I'm not totally disappointed to go back to 1K.