FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Tokyo 2020 Olympics discussion [consolidated]
Old Sep 4, 2019, 7:41 pm
evergrn

Originally Posted by Klarity7
Don't despair. I have high hopes for the spring resale. I think the AirBnB market is reliable and there seems to be decent deals in Shinjuku and Shibuya and other areas.
Thanks for the encouragement!
Ok yes we will see how things go in spring.
I'm just stunned by the exclusivity of the whole thing. My usual hotels have all blocked themselves out. No tix available on Cosport, and their package options were going at a rate that I'd never be able to afford. This is my first time trying to plan an Olympics trip and I guess I was naive and ignorant about how Olympics run.
I don't think I'll be up for AirBnB. I'd rather stay in a normal-price full-service hotel in Nagoya and make one or two day trips to Tokyo, or cram into my parents' place. I'm still holding out hopes that hotels start to open up as we get closer.

For our early July trip, I was able to talk a suburban hotel into setting aside a room for me at standard rate even though they too are blocking all rooms throughout July-Aug (we stay >15 nights a year there every year, so they know us well). But for our Aug Olympics trip, they will not budge.