FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - EWR Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..
Old Sep 4, 2019, 9:32 am
747FC

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Two Visits

Recently had my first two visits to the EWR (or any) PL, but come with a history of GFL/IFL llounge use, as well as use of LH FCL and many other business/first lounges around the world.

On my first visit, arriving around 0630 on a flight from HNL, we were warmly greeted, and directed to our first priority, the showers. There was plenty of availability, so my wife and were not forced to shower together . We found the shower room design, water pressure, temperature, and personnel all to our liking.

After cleanup, we had breakfast. There were hardly any travelers around, and we had great service from the waitstaff, and our bespoke meals were fine.

We left the lounge and airport to spend a day transacting business, and returned at 2130 to relax in the lounge before our late-night international flight. This time, there were many travelers around and the relaxing ambience found in the morning was no more. There was a line for the bespoke meals, and we were happy that we had dinner and another shower before coming to the lounge. (Just for curiosity, I stopped in at the shower facility, and was told that they had availability.)

So, it appears that timing is everything in this lounge. We had a good experience, but it is obviously not an F experience, just like flying Polaris is a downgrade from our beloved GF suites/seats. And, the F&B were not the best known in the world of flying, but neither was the GFL/IFL.

A first world problem that will be met with a stiff upper lip.

Last edited by 747FC; Sep 4, 2019 at 12:28 pm Reason: added info.