FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lounge access for eUpgrade
View Single Post
Old Sep 3, 2019, 12:32 pm
yyznomad
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by YVRYEGYVR
No I didn't, but she was a young woman and I usually find the younger staff are much more customer oriented.

The complete story is that my wife booked this flight on her aeroplan account and my status didn't appear on the in-app BP like it normally does. The issue is that despite giving my number, showing my bagtag and altitude card, she still wouldn't allow access, for some reason adhering to the rule of this thread that technically euped don't get lounge access.

Come to think of it, the conditions state that original fare rules apply- as this is a redemption from a visa infinite privilege associated account, there should be lounge access with an economy redemption, so in every possible way I figure I should have been permitted access

But to the original thread topic, this is the first time for me that MLL agent has refused to print a new BP and grant access after successful eup.
@YVRYEGYVR

FYI, when you do AC OLCI for your flight on an AP booking made through someone else's account, you can have your AP number switched - it's right there as part of the steps in OLCI that gives you the option.

Alternatively, when checking in with AC, the check-in agent can add your number.

Both options result in your AP number and status showing on the BP.