FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lounge access for eUpgrade
View Single Post
Old Sep 3, 2019, 11:26 am
YVRYEGYVR

Programs: E35K, FPC Platinum
Originally Posted by 24left

@YVRYEGYVR

I realize it might be moot at this point, but did you get the agent's name?

It's unfortunate you didn't have the chance to show the agent this page.
No I didn't, but she was a young woman and I usually find the younger staff are much more customer oriented.

Originally Posted by yyznomad
@YVRYEGYVR

Sorry to hear this.
The agent was in the wrong, as you noted that you are allowed access with your status alone and NOTHING else.

There are still craptard MLL agents out there who will use old and outdated rules (or in a way, worse - twist and/or misinterpret them) to deny pax. They even make up rules that have never existed in CIC/ACpedia.
The complete story is that my wife booked this flight on her aeroplan account and my status didn't appear on the in-app BP like it normally does. The issue is that despite giving my number, showing my bagtag and altitude card, she still wouldn't allow access, for some reason adhering to the rule of this thread that technically euped don't get lounge access.

Come to think of it, the conditions state that original fare rules apply- as this is a redemption from a visa infinite privilege associated account, there should be lounge access with an economy redemption, so in every possible way I figure I should have been permitted access

But to the original thread topic, this is the first time for me that MLL agent has refused to print a new BP and grant access after successful eup.