FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Tips for Saving Money
View Single Post
Old Sep 3, 2019, 8:33 am
Foplecaroundtheworld

My personal tips for a budget travel

Hey, so I made a list of my tricks that helps me to save a little bit while traveling or planning a trip. Hopefully at least some of them will be helpful for you.

Let's start with the tips for planing the trip:
  1. I always go to a flight websites where I can look all airlines prices and destinations and etc, so I know what airlines would be cheapest or which ones offer direct flights. Though I never buy through those websites, since usually they add their own fees so the price might get just a little bit higher. So I go to the official airlines website and buy it through there.
  2. Another thing, I use nordvpn when booking flights or even accommodation. It's still pretty new to me, because I used this trick only for couple of travels, so I didn't figure out it super well yet. The trick is that you connect to the country's server you're going to or looking for accommodation and since they see that you're kind of 'local', the prices might be a little cheaper. Though it didn't work for me all 100 percent of the time. But it worked both times when booking flight tickets and just once on airbnb.
  3. I look through a nice budget places for dinners on pinterest or ask locals in different traveling forums.
When I'm already traveling:
  1. I try to take only a small luggage with me so I won't buy stuff while traveling, because I just won't have space for it.
  2. Always use public transport or ask your host for any tips on a transportation.
  3. I try to make food at home and it in the restaurants only once a day. So I take a prepared food with me and decide for which meal I'll got o my picked restaurant.

Last edited by EmailKid; Sep 4, 2019 at 7:45 am Reason: Referral links not allowed; fixed spelling