FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Changing a layover in Amsterdam to a stopover
Old Sep 2, 2019, 9:59 am
aryan

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, Alaska Airlines MVP, BA Exec Club Blue, Hilton Honors Silver
Originally Posted by irishguy28
That is not a general rule.

Whether or not a stopover will affect the price of your fare depends on the underlying fare rules.

You will have to consult the fare rules of your ticket. There will be a change fee to pay, plus any difference in the fare.

You can sometimes change tickets online; I would advise you to look your ticket up online and see if you can do so. If not, you are stuck with calling Delta.

I expect this will cost far more than you are expecting to do; however, with no idea of routes, fare class, or even class of travel, it's hard to judge.
I see. Thanks for clarifying. The Fare Class is X so I am guessing that gives me the least possible flexibility. The flight I'd need to change is the AMS-PIT route. I am a Delta Gold Medallion but I believe that only helps waive a same day change fee, not the change fee in general.
10 hours is enough to see the city real quick and head back I guess, and in the worst case there's the KLM Crown Lounge